Thursday, July 26, 2012

Round is a Still Shape: Celebrating my Curves Follow up

Josh and I just got back the pics from our maternity photo shoot! Alyssa Miller with A Thousand Words Photography offered us a free photo shoot. How amazing is that? I love free stuff! And let me tell you it was worth any amount she would have charged us!


The night before the photo shoot I tried on a few outfits to see which ones I'd like best. The experience left me a little deflated. I wasn't feeling great about my curves or how I looked in some of the poses I'd hoped to capture. I packed our bag of props and outfits and just prayed that Alyssa would be able to capture a few photos I could be proud of. I needed more than ever to be able to find a little "beauty" in my curves.


I'll let you see our favorites for yourself!













Let me tell you that we are so very pleased with our results! It was just the boost that I needed to help me to embrace my curves and celebrate the changes that pregnancy has brought on my body. There are moments when I lament my larger bottom, fuller face, and chunkier arms but I recognize that I'm doing the best that I can with this pregnancy and my body is doing what it needs to provide for my baby.

A huge thank you to Mel Belle for introducing me to Alyssa and hooking me up with her offer for free photoshoot! A little FYI, Alyssa is working on building her photography portfolio and clientele so if you are interested in a photo session check out her facebook page.

12 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful! I love the ones with Fluffy in them too!! SO CUTE!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWW! You're gorgeous!! such a cute family!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! Couldn't have done it without your help!

      Delete
  3. I'm such a sucker for family photos! Love them and can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I can't wait to meet our little one. It is getting more exciting by the day!

      Delete
  4. LLOOVVEE them. They look amazing and I also went "awww" when I saw Fluffy. You, my dear, are breath-taking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It really helps to see the finished product. Sometimes the mirror isn't as kind! I am so jealous of all the training you girls are getting in. I've always been slower than you ladies and now I don't stand a chance of ever catching up!

      Delete
    2. Oh you will catch up... and pass again! #dontworrylove

      Delete
  5. Ginger you look awesome!! Josh, I was expecting one belly shot from you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a copy of the one with the two of you back to back. please. ;-)
    TiAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!!

    Lina @ momsbuttisonfire.com

    ReplyDelete