Thursday, March 1, 2012

2011

2011 was a huge year for Josh and I. We raced a ton! We both completed in the entire MBAA mountain bike series with Josh finishing 1st for the Men's Marathon Category and me finishing 4th Place in my Cat 2 women's age group. I ran RAGNAR for the 2nd year in a row. We both raced in our first Xterra off road triathlon. I ran my first half marathon. I spent 4 months training, preparing for and then completing my first half ironman distance triathlon and followed that up with some team mountain bike races and my first ever road race. It was an amazing year! At quick count I competed in over 15 events and my husband did around 30 including his first international mountain bike race where he finished 5th over all!
That year of competition and challenges left me with the impression that with hard work and focus I can push my body to the limits and accomplish anything! It was inspiring and uplifting and amazing.
We're entering the 3rd month of 2012 and my race calendar is empty. Not one race. Even my husband has a pretty dull race season planned.
So why the big change? We both agreed that 2012 is the year to switch our focus from fitness to family planning. I'm a firm believer that fitness and pregnancy can go hand in hand but I'm feeling like I may have to drop the competition aspect out.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to continue to share our struggles and our triumphs as we try to manage our fit lifestyle and our growing family!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I found your blog. You and Josh are such amazing awesome athletes! Thanks for inspiring me from the first time I met you!!

    ReplyDelete